CMP warrants its products to be free of defects in material and workmanship for one (1) year from the date of original retail purchase unless otherwise noted. The warranty applies only if the product itself is the cause of a defect covered by the warranty.
Upon inspection and approval of the defective product, CMP will repair or supply a replacement product in substitution of the original purchased product with a product of equal value. Any compensation outside of repair or replacement of product is expressly excluded. The repair or replacement product issued by CMP shall be warranted for the unexpired portion of the original warranty.
This warranty does not apply to component parts manufactured by others or for damage to products manufactured by CMP if damage is caused by component products manufactured by others.
The warranty does not cover:
- Costs incurred for shipping, removal and/or reinstallation
- Damage or improper operation of a CMP product caused by customer abuse, misuse, negligence, and/or failure to follow installation and/or operation instructions
- Use for which the product is not designed
- Fire, explosion, weather conditions or natural disasters
- Faulty or improper installation
- Ordinary wear and tear
- Damage caused by negligent or improper maintenance and other causes not specified, or beyond the control of CMP
- Improper packaging, repackaging or damage incurred in shipping
In order for this warranty to be effective you must:
- Be the original retail purchaser of the product
- Have not modified, misused or misapplied the product in any way
- Have maintained the product in accordance with the instructions or as described in maintenance materials provided by CMP
- Be in compliance with all terms for payment
- Make your claim in writing to CMP within the time provided and in accordance with the terms of the warranty