PowerMax® High Performance Electronic Ignition Commercial Swimming Pool Heaters
When performance is critical, the PowerMax swimming pool heater provides peak efficiency and easy maintenance in both indoor and outdoor applications. Seven sizes delivering up to 85% efficiency ratings and meeting all Low NOx requirements. PowerMax is designed for operation to 10,000 foot elevation.
Today's PowerMax is the result of over 50 years of design and manufacturing experience, and is packed with advanced features specific to the commercial swimming pool and water.
Available in seven sizes from 500 to 2000 MBTU/h, PowerMax runs reliably on natural or LP gas and delivers efficiency levels.
A 10-tube heat exchanger uses finned tubing for the quickest and most efficient heat transfer, and the water heater meets the ASHRAE 90.1 standard for efficiency for use with storage tanks. With superior overall construction and high-efficiency combustion, PowerMax can cut fuel costs significantly compared to conventional water heating systems, and the savings can amount to thousands of dollars over the life of the equipment.
- Reliable operation with natural or propane gas.
- Fan-assisted and filtered combustion air.
- Dual ignition systems for all models over 750,000 BTU.
- 2-stage, 3-stage and 4-stage firing.
- Immune to thermal shock down to 30° F.
- Built-in automatic mixing system reduces condensation possibilities.
- Compact size allows PowerMax to fit through standard doorways.
- 200/208 and 575 volt models available on request.
- Gas Supply right or left side
- CSA Certified CSD-1 and other options available. Contact factory for part numbers
- Meets low NOx requirements for cleaner combustion.
- One-year limited warranty. See warranty for details.
Packed with Advanced Features
Every PowerMax comes standard with a built-in automatic mixing system to make sure low return water temperatures won't cause problematic condensation in the heat exchanger. The mixing system includes an automatic three-way valve, fast-acting electronic actuator, factory mounted and wired pump and a simple operating control that monitors all important system functions. That means PowerMax can handle return water temperatures as low as 60 degrees without condensation. And, every PowerMax has a standard "Backwash Switch" that allows you to safely backwash the filter and avoid high-limit shut-downs by allowing the pump time delay to complete its cycle before shutting down the heater. NOx emissions are among the lowest in the industry at 10 ppm, and PowerMax maintains its efficiency and low NOx levels at all stages of firing.
Easy to Install and Service
PowerMax makes service easy and operation reliable because they do all of the set-up for you. Whether you use room air for combustion or take air from outside; vent into a chimney, or through a sidewall; or install the heater indoors or outside, PowerMax is ready "out of the box" The automatic bypass and combustion systems are factory preset, and no field adjustments are required. Whether you are installing at sea level or at a 10,000 ft. elevation, no orifice or component changes are needed.
They've also taken service access to a new level. PowerMax makes installation easier by providing a control system that gives installers several different operation modes, selected with the touch of a button. Modes include settings for primary/secondary piping, DHW storage tank systems, B.A.S. controls and other common applications.
PowerMax features convenient, modular construction that separates the burner trays, gas train and blower assembly, to ensure perfect alignment of orifices and burners. Gas manifolds mount on the burner flange and the burner flanges seal to the air box. In addition, the entire gas train can be easily removed, and the heat exchanger simply lifts out from the top or front of the unit. The air filter is a breeze to clean... just wash it with soap and water.
Controls are also service-friendly with clean and simple wiring, and are readily accessible in a slide-out drawer. All models have a convenient front-access panel with status indicator lights to monitor power, call for heat, pump on, ignition on, gas valve open and lock out.
Installation and Service Convenience Features
- Reversible vent and intake air terminals (field convertible).
- Gas supply right or left side (field convertible).
- Reversible water connections to accommodate left or right side piping.
- Separate field wiring terminal panel.
- Front panel diagnostics.
- Optional rack-mounting.
- Quick-access panel for igniter replacement.
- Combustion chamber sight glasses on both right and left sides.