CaliMar Premium Vinyl Liners offer consumers a high-quality, longer-lasting liner, and often a better warranty, which gives dealers fewer problems and more satisfied customers.
The 3 best reasons to purchase a CaliMar Premium Liner over a low-cost commodity liner:
- CaliMar Premium Liners are typically 30%-60% heavier in both weight and thickness.
- CaliMar Premium Liners have the same weight and thickness on both the sidewall and the bottom. Commodity liners typically have thicker, heavier sidewall than bottoms. Commodity liner manufacturers do this to reduce the price of the liner, but only advertise the sidewall thickness which can be misleading.
- CaliMar Premium Liners are manufactured with heavier vinyl material and will last 50% -90% longer than commodity liners.
- CaliMar Premium Liners protect the sidewall and bottom of the liner from tears, rips, punctures, and holes caused by foreign objects in the soil, objects on clothing, windblown objects, lawn care debris, and entry system (ladders & step) contact on the bottoms and sidewalls.
Raw Material Make-Up:
There are 3 major ingredients in the chemical makeup of a vinyl liner:
- PVC (Poly Vinyl Chloride) is the main building block that goes into creating vinyl liners. PVC makes up 50%-60% of the total raw ingredients.
- Plasticizer (petroleum-based oil) is another key ingredient that makes up 35%-40% of the total raw ingredients. This ingredient determines the flexibility of the liner and increases its chemical resistance and life span.
- Inert Materials (calcium carbonate – a.k.a. clay) and Stabilizers make up 11%-30% of the total raw material ingredients.
CaliMar Premium Liners have increased levels of plasticizer and low levels of calcium carbonate. Typically raw material plasticizer costs are 4-5 times more per pound than calcium carbonate. CaliMarPremium Liners, with increased levels of plasticizer, will remain flexible during the life of the liner providing a wrinkle-free installation and minimizing UV fading. Commodity liners use a lower level of plasticizer (to save money) therefore compromising the quality of the liner.
Liner Life Span:
- When comparing the purchase of CaliMar Premium Liners to commodity liners (calculated over the life spanof the liner), CaliMarPremium Liners usually last 6-10 years. Commodity liners typically last 3-5 years. Both incur the same cost for installation, water and labor.
Why buy an CaliMar Premium Liner instead of a low-cost commodity liner?
- 30%-60% heavier in both weight and thickness
- Same weight and thickness on both the sidewall and the bottom
- Made of a heavier vinyl material and will last 50%-90% longer
- Protect the sidewall and bottom of the liner from tears, rips, punctures and holes
- With higher levels of plasticizer, will remain flexible throughout the life of the liner, providing wrinkle-free
installation and minimizing UV fading
- Typically last 6-10 years
CaliMar liners are measured in mil, a true measurement. Don’t be confused by the liner gauge “games” played with most commodity liners. Some will call their liner 20 gauge when they only measure 10 mil.
18' printed vinyl commodity liner Perma 2000 series weighs 41 lbs. and is marketed as 20 mil. Perma 2500 series weighs 46 lbs and is marketed as 25 mil. A CaliMar 18' printed vinyl liner weighs 58 lbs. and is a true 15 mil liner.