Premium Efficiency Two Speed: Pool and Spa Motors
The E-Plus New Centurion offers increased energy savings of up to 20% over regular two-speed motors and up to 58% over regular single speed motors, by utilizing an energy efficient Permanent Split Capacitor (PSC) high-speed and an energy efficient Capacitor Start/Capacitor Run (CSCR) low speed.
Reasons why a E-Plus New Centurion Two-Speed motor can offer valuable savings:
- A run capacitor used on both low and high speeds improves electromagnetic balance increasing the power factor and watts efficiency creating lower amps and lower operating cost.
- The amount of horsepower needed to move the water through the pipes drops more quickly than the speed. While it takes one horsepower to move the water through the pipes on high speed, it only takes 1/8 horsepower to move half the amount of water at a lower speed. Even when run on low speed twice as long to pump the same amount of water as on high speed, the lower horsepower results in substantial energy savings
Variable speed may not be right for every pool:
- Start up costs for motors with variable speed technology can be very high and operation can be difficult.
Features and Benefits:
- All-in-one design with integrated motor and timer as one unit
-No additional wiring required!- unlike other aftermarket timers that require external leads and can be wired incorrectly
- Rain-proof timer enclosure
-The timer does not require a secondary enclosure for outdoor use of the elsectronics, which is required for competitors timers
- On-screen motor status updates
-Unique feature that provides user feedback which can help to avoid motor failures; features include showing the mode (high, low, off) and time remaining
- Built-in battery backup protects programming for 7 full years
-No need to replace the battery or reset time/settings during a power outage or off-season
- Integrated LCD backlight and adjustable contrast
- Ensures the display can easily be viewed in dark, shady, or direct sunlight conditions
- Intuitive step-by-step screen instructions
-Step-by-step instructions make initial setup and any future programming changes simple
- Manual override
-User can instantly change motor parameters for cleaning or maintenance without adjusting permanent settings
Brand: A.O. Smith