Powerful algaecide for algae cleanup in swimming pools – works with chlorine
Algatec® is a synergistic algaecide, water clarifier and chlorine booster for all types of swimming pools. Algatec® helps improve water quality and swimmer comfort in swimming pools, spas and hot tubs. As an algaecide, Algatec® kills green and yellow algae in 4 to 24 hours and eradicates black algae (fungus) in 7 to 10 days. Algatec® also strongly prevents algae growths in swimming pools. Algatec’s® clarifiers flocculant to create ultra-clear water in swimming pools. Its strong synergy with swimming pool, spas and hot tub sanitizers helps boosts chlorine and bromine effectiveness up to 600% while reducing sanitizer usage between 25% to 65%. Algatec® is compatible with all salt cell systems and helps improve salt cell performance
- Kills and controls all algae . . . green, yellow and black types.
- Superior effectiveness and fast results in just 4 to 24 hours - most algae.
- Eradicates difficult black algae (fungi) growths in 7 to 10 days.
- Very effective with or without chlorine.
- Strong synergy with chlorine - will not consume chlorine.
- Clarifies pool water while removing algae.
- Strongest, fastest acting algaecide available.
- Easy to use for algae removal and cleanup.
- No testing required and does not require chlorine for algae removal.
- Will not interfere with pool water pH, chemistries, or sanitizer levels.
- No wait. Swim immediately after treatment.
- Minimal brushing required for yellow or black algae removal.
- Will not stain pool surfaces, swimmer's hair, and clothing.
How it Functions
Algatec's® unique cationic polymeric compound functions as a broad spectrum, non-oxidizing algaecide-microbicide that kills and controls the growth of microorganisms by disturbing their normal metabolic process of the living cell. Algatec® has a powerful synergy with chlorine sanitizers which further enhances algae kill and removal. The product is metal-free, non-hazardous to handle, will not foam, and does not remove chlorine from pool water.
Note: For severe cleanup, use extra chlorine to help remove dead algae.