Aqua-Shield EZ48™, which joins the U.S. MOTORS® brand family of pool motors manufactured by Nidec, is designed to provide superior moisture resistance inside the motor where water and debris can damage windings and cause premature motor failure. Aqua-Shield features additional bearing protection as well. Aqua-Shield motors will continue to deliver the three layers of bearing protection provided on our motors today (double-sealed ball bearings, lip seal and water slinger). In addition, Aqua-Shield features additional bearing protection by including a new internal bearing cover which protects the drive end bearings from internal moisture. Optimized internal air flow minimizes moisture buildup inside the motor.
Don’t waste time and profit. The Aqua-Shield EZ48 is one of the easiest and quickest 48 frame motors to install on the market today.
- Two compartment
- Triple bearing protection
- Thermally protected
- 1081 Design
- Shaft threads - 7/16-20 UNF-2A
- Class B insulated
- Open dripproof
- Continuous duty
- 50°C ambient
- 300 series stainless steel shaft
- Sealed ball bearings
- Voltage selection device (dual voltage only)
Fan Efficiently draws in air via the ventilation holes. Moisture is spun to the outer reaches of the inner
shell while air moves over the internal motor assembly for improved dryness.
Baffle Focuses the air pulled in by the fan to move over the internal parts of the motor.
Internal bearing cover Works to keep moisture away from the internal bearing to increase life.
Total horsepower Motors rated for THP (Total Horsepower) only to help reduce the number of SKU’s that you need to stock.
Improved Air Flow
- Using the Aqua-Shield™ features, the redesigned fan, baffle and bearing cover work to optimize the air flow over the internal assembly of the motor. This creates a “Dry zone” that improves life expectancy by three times based on tests.
- Voltage change device (dual voltage motors) change between 115V and 230V with a simple flip of a switch
- Easy access to shaft Used to hold on to the motor while the impeller is removed from the opposite end. On competitive motors, the shaft is difficult to access without fishing through the switch and can result in broken parts
- Angled terminal board allows visibility from the top down in tight quarters because many pumps are located up against a structure or near shrubbery
- Additional space in back end to make connections
- Switch design protects against corrosion while location protects from external damage
Brand: US MOTORS