Vulkem 45SSL is a one-part, moisture-curing, low-modulus polyurethane sealant. It provides exceptional wear and tear resistance required in high traffic areas. Vulkem 45SSL is a traffic rated, pourable, semi-self-leveling sealant with exceptional primerless adhesion and movement capability. Vulkem 45SSL is suitable for continuous immersion in non-chlorinated water and can be applied to damp and green concrete.
The technology in Vulkem 45SSL provides the sealant with greater UV resistance and will not out gas. Vulkem 45SSL is formulated for use in expansion joints in sidewalks, swimming pool decks, plazas, floors and any other horizontal surface with slopes up to 6% (e.g. 1 in. rise for every 16 in. run).
- Mild odor solid white paste
- Use with adequate ventilation
- Packaging 1 quart (890 ml) cartridges
- Excess sealant adjacent to the joint interface and utensils can be carefully removed with xylene or mineral spirits before the sealant cures
- May be used in any horizontal joint designed in accordance with accepted architectural/engineering practices
- Joint width should be 4 times anticipated movement, but not less than 1/4 in. (6mm)
Coverage rates: 308 linear feet of joint per gallon for a 1/4 inch x 1/4 inch (6mm x 6mm) joint.
Joint Design: Vulkem 45SSL may be used in any horizontal joint designed in
accordance with accepted architectural/engineering practices.
Joint Backing: Closed cell or reticulated polyethylene backer rod is
recommended as joint backing to control sealant depth and to
ensure intimate contact of sealant with joint walls. Backer rod
needs to be properly friction fitted for use with self-leveling
sealants to prevent leak out of sealant during cure. Where
depth of joint will prevent the use of backer rod, an adhesive
backed polyethylene tape (bond breaker tape) should be used
to prevent three-sided adhesion. All backing should be dry at
time of sealant application.