Time-honored technologies unite with cutting-edge advancements in Raypak's MVB modulating vertical pool heater. Small space is no longer a problem, and our compact design fits through a 32" door opening to make it the perfect choice for those hard-to-reach retrofit projects.
|Full Input in
- 83 to 83.3% Thermal Efficiency at Full Rate.
- Negative vent pressure, Non-condensing Appliance. Cat I Vent Required.
- Bronze headers with Cupro-Nickel finned tube heat exchanger standard. ASME Section IV constructed and stamped, National Board registered.
- CSA Low-Lead certified, less than 0.25% Lead.
- Certified to ANSI Z21.56.
- Minimum Continuous Inlet Water Temperature: 50°F.
- Maximum Setpoint: 106°F.
- On/Off Operation with Soft Start.
- VERSA IC® Control Package with LCD Display.
- Status Display Lights.
- Cascade control of up to 4 units, no external sequencer required.
- Diagnostics Center with History, English, no codes.
- Modbus RTU BMS port (RS485).
- 0-10 VDC BMS Interface (Setpoint or Direct Drive).
- All models indoor/outdoor construction.
- Certified under SCAQMD Rule 1146.2. Meets all Low NOx regulations.
- Engineered with precisely matched system components.
- Smallest installed footprint (5.4 square feet) design fits tight spaces and easily replaces larger boilers.
- 100% Factory Fire Tested.
- Complete cabinet protects all controls and wiring. Tough, rust-resistant powder-coat finish.
- Suitable for altitudes up to 10,000 ft. (derate above 2,000 ft.).
- No boiler condensate drain required (proprietary design)
- Available for natural gas or propane.
- Integral Combustion Air Filter (MERV8).
- Multiple Pump Outputs - Boiler Pump, System Pump.
- Whisper-Quiet Operation.
- Proudly Assembled in the USA.
- The standard external bypass uses a thermostatically-controlled valve to adjust bypass flow and achieve cold-water protection.
- All units available without an external bypass; cold-water protection provided in the field.
- The Cold Water Run (CWR) option provides electronic control of a variable-speed pump to continuously adjust bypass flow, achieving real-time cold-water protection.
- BACNet IP, BACnet MS/TP, Modbus TCP, N2 Metasys (B-85)
- Lonworks (B-86)
- Alarm with 4” Bell (E-5)
- Low Water Cutoff (F-10)
- Cold Water Run
- Condensate Neutralizer (Z-12)
VERSA IC Boiler Control and On-Board Diagnostic Center
VERSA IC merges safety, ignition, temperature control, multi-unit cascade outdoor reset, and freeze protection. Plus system monitoring, diagnostics, and BMS transmission all in one Integrated Control Platform. Easy front access to read, set up and trouble shoot on a 3.5" LCD screen. The entire package is CSA certified, and listed for each individual function.
Inlet and outlet sensors factory installed in boiler. Remote sensor for system included. BMS all point diagnostics transmission port. 0-10VDC set point input standard. Can drive and monitor external motorized auxiliaries such as extractors and louvers. Additional connections for auxiliaryfunctions, indirect DHW, and dry contact remote alarm relay are provided.
- The standard external bypass uses an external bypass to achieve cold-water protection
- All units available without an external bypass; cold-water protection provided in the field
- The Cold Water Run (CWR) option provides electronic control of a variable-speed pump to continuously adjust bypass flow, achieving real-time cold-water protection
Cold Water Start
It is commonly known that prolonged internal condensation will dramatically shorten the life of standard boilers and water heaters. While Raypak boilers and water heaters can operate without harmful condensation at lower inlet water temperatures than the competition, there are still applications that require reliable protection against harmful condensation caused by frequent, extended, cold water startups. Raypak's Cold Water Start protection system is only used with closed-loop heating systems and utilizes a proportional three-way valve to bypass water from the boiler outlet to the inlet during start-up, when the system return water temperature is below the minimum acceptable level.
Cold Water Run
For the same reason stated for Cold Water Starts, it is even more important to provide protection against condensation from cold inlet water on systems where the return water temperature to the boiler will always be below the acceptable minimum. Raypak's Cold Water Run system can be used on boilers, water heaters or pool heaters, and utilizes a variable-speed pump to inject just the right amount of water from the main system loop into the boiler to maintain the optimum inlet temperature. This approach allows the full capacity of the boiler to be utilized to meet the system load, while at the same time continuously maintaining the optimum inlet water temperature to prevent condensation. (See Cat. #1000.19)