Side Mount Side Filter
Manufactured from the highest grade of non-corrosive materials, Micron fiberglass filters are ideal for harsh environments including seawater applications. Available in top mount, side mount and horizontal configurations, Waterco has the capability of adapting its fiberglass filters to meet customer specifications.
Waterco fiberglass filters embody the latest in fiberglass winding technology. Waterco's digitally controlled filament winding machine faultlessly winds continuous strands of fiberglass filament to create a strong filter vessel with refined consistency and superior quality.
Filament Wound filter features an internal hydraulically efficient system, which facilitates energy and water savings.
- Fiberglass wound tank, UV and Corrosion Resistant
- Multiport valve Included with sight glass and quick connect half unions
- Working pressure 250 kPa (36 psi)
- Extra reinforcement to increase the working pressure rating to 400 kPa (58 psi) is available on request.
- Maximum working temperature of 50 Degrees C (122 Degrees F)
- Optional fiberglass reinforced vinyl ester for improved chemical resistance
Filament Wound Filters
Micron fibreglass filters embody the latest in fibreglass winding technology. Micron fibreglass vessels consist of an inner shell of fiberglass reinforced polyester resin wound over with fibreglass filament. Waterco's digitally controlled filament winding machine faultlessly winds continuous strands of high quality fibreglass filament under controlled tension filament to create a seamless one-piece vessel with refined consistency and superior quality. There are no welds or seams or special tank linings which can corrode or electrolyse.
The Filament Wound filter operates on the basics of "Depth Filtration" dirt is sifted through the filter bed and trapped in minute spaces between the particles of filter media allowing the clean water to pass through the filter's laterals and exit via the filter's Multi-port valve.
Cleaning the filter simply requires turning the filter's Multi-port lever from the filter's position to the "backwash" position which reverses the flow of water in the filter, flushing the filter bed.
Water Saving "Fish Tail" laterals
- Filament Wound filters are equipped with "Fish Tail" laterals, to improve its filtration and backwashing hydraulic efficiency
- Fish Tail laterals provide effective coverage of the filter bed and balanced water flow, during backwashing
- Filament Wound filters backwash time is significantly reduced, leading to a 30% savings of backwash water
Energy Saving "Fish Tail" laterals
The Filament Wound filters hydraulic efficiency halves the backwash flow rate of a conventional sand filter, allowing the option for low powered, energy efficient pumps for filtration flow and backwash flow.
|Backwash Flow Rate