Waterco Micron fiberglass filters embody the latest in fiberglass winding technology. The Micron Series filters are constructed from anti-corrosive, non-toxic materials and are engineered to withstand the high flow and pressures of today's pool and industrial systems. With the reinforced neck ring and solid lid closure this filter is the best fit for today's most demanding projects.
- Easy Twisted Lock Lid with Removable Handles
- Inflow diffuser for even distribution of water flow across the filter bed
- Pressure gauge
- 3" Multiport valve (sold separately)
- Fiberglass wound tank, UV and corrosion resistant
- Hydraulically balanced laterals to maximize water flow and filtration
- Manual drain
- Large filter base for stable floor mounting
- 50 psi maximum operating pressure
- NSF Approved
Filament Wound Construction
Micron fiberglass filters embody the latest in fiberglass winding technology. Micron fiberglass vessels consist of an inner shell of fiberglass reinforced polyester resin wound over with fiberglass filament. Waterco's digitally controlled filament winding machine faultlessly winds continuous strands of high quality fiberglass filament under controlled tension filament to create a seamless one-piece vessel with refined consistency and superior quality. There are no welds or seams or special tank linings which can corrode or electrolyse.
Micron "Fish Tail" Laterals
Conventional laterals have "dead legs" existing between the laterals, which exist between the laterals, which compromises water flow through the filter bed. Waterco's unique "fish tail" lateral configuration eliminates this problem by providing effective coverage of the filter bed and balanced water flow.
- Filament Wound filters are equipped with "Fish Tail" laterals, to improve its filtration and backwashing hydraulic efficiency
- Fish Tail laterals provide effective coverage of the filter bed and balanced water flow, during backwashing
- Filament Wound filters backwash time is significantly reduced, leading to a 30% savings of backwash water
Energy Saving "Fish Tail" Laterals
The filament wound filters hydraulic efficiency halves the backwash flow rate of a conventional sand filter, allowing the option for low powered, energy efficient pumps for filtration flow and backwash flow.
The effectiveness and efficiency of the filter is impaired by excessive build up of debris, clogging the media, which will result in pressure build up and poor circulation. Cleaning the filter simply requires turning the filter's Multiport lever from the "filter" position to the "backwash" position, which reverses the flow of water in the filter, flushing the filter bed.
|Backwash Flow Rate