The Micron horizontal filter is a space-saving high performer; its compact horizontal design allows installation with minimum waste of space. The shape of the Micron horizontal filter is both attractive and functional. The spherical ends are designed to give uniform flow from both inlet and outlet collection assemblies.
Waterco has vastly improved the hydraulic efficiency of its horizontal filter lateral system by looping its distributors and laterals. The new lateral configuration provides a more natural flow of water through the filter, ensures optimum water filtration and balanced fluidization of the filter bed during backwashing. Its individual laterals are shortened while maintaining filter media bed coverage, reducing the friction head loss of each lateral, further improving the filter's hydraulic efficiency.
- Elliptical positive sealing manways
- Hydraulically balanced distribution and lateral system
- Fiberglass wound tank, UV and corrosion resistant
- Large stable filter base for stable floor mounting
- Manual drain
Filament Wound Construction
Micron fiberglass filters embody the latest in fiberglass winding technology. Micron fiberglass vessels consist of an inner shell of fiberglass reinforced polyester resin wound over with fiberglass filament. Waterco's digitally controlled filament winding machine faultlessly winds continuous strands of high quality fiberglass filament under controlled tension filament to create a seamless one-piece vessel with refined consistency and superior quality. There are no welds or seams or special tank linings which can corrode or electrolyse.
Why fiberglass instead of steel?
Using non metallic components fiberglass pressure tanks are rapidly replacing steel tanks in numerous applications. Fiberglass vessels offer several advantages in comparison with steel vessels.
- Waterco's quality control procedures ensure that the structural requisites of the product are achieved at every stage of production. This results in a 100% compliance of the end product with the specifications.
- The design and the manufacturing process of the whole vessel, utilizing the latest filament winding machines, incorporation of non metallic fittings plus reinforced manhole openings with proprietary methods, is unique to Waterco.
- Fiberglass vessels weigh only 1/3 the weight of steel vessels while maintaining the same level of strength. Their weight makes them easier to ship to the job site and easier to install.
- Once installed there are virtually no maintenance or repairs required. Steel vessels require the anti-corrosive coating to be maintained periodically and certified welders to make repairs to the lining with expensive epoxy coating.
Waterco's Precise Lateral Design
Waterco's new lateral configuration provides a more natural flow of water through the filter, ensuring optimum water filtration and balanced fluidization of the filter bed during backwashing. Its individual laterals are shortened while maintaining filter media bed coverage to reduce the friction head loss of each lateral and further improve the filter’s hydraulic efficiency. This reduces backwash run times, saves valuable water, and produces flatter, more uniform filter media bed after backwashing.
Conventional lateral systems result in uneven fluidization of the filter media bed. The beginning of the lateral system experiences a strong flow of water, which gradually decreases along the length of the lateral piping. Backwash flow also decreases towards the end of each lateral, resulting in nonuniform lifting of the filter media bed.
5 10 15 20
Note: Minimum backwash flowrate 15 GPM / SQ. FT.