The Hydro-Skimmer by Waterco is designed to provide the most efficient skimming action in the industry.
Baker Hydro Skimmer
On conventional skimmers, water from the main drain does not go through the skimmer basket. The Hydro-Skimmer is designed to pass all water through the basket making it easy to remove leaves and debris before going to the pump.
- Plumbing connections accept both 1-1/2" and 2"pipe
- Available for concrete, vinyl and fiberglass installations
- Adjustable flanges for proper fitting in wood and fiberglass installations of varying thickness
- Inlet fitting provides an easily accessible connection for a vacuum type cleaner
- Prevents leaves or debris from getting into the pump which significantly reduces maintenance
- All connections are ABS
- Allows for either bottom or side connection of suction line to pump
- All ports threaded internally for ease of pressure testing
- Patented Hydro-Control plate available with all deluxe
The unique patented hydrodynamic weir in the skimmer creates a lifting action on the skimmer plate, much like an airplane wing. This uplift speeds up the surface flow and eliminates ineffective deep currents. The Hydro-Skimmer skims a thinner layer of surface water at a higher velocity, resulting in 300% to 500% more surface skimming and it does it at flow rates as low as 10 gallons per minute.
The patented Hydro-Control Plate is a feature of all Baker Hydro Deluxe, Commercial and Hydro-Pak skimmer systems and is designed to easily regulate the ratio of flow between the main drain and surface skimming to provide a convenient connection point for a vacuum cleaner hose.
If the skimmer is to be installed so that the deck lid will not be secured to the skimmers body, Waterco recommends using a skimmer Extension Ring (624105) for trouble free installation. The Extension Ring sits snugly in between the skimmer body and the Deck Ring and is strong enough to hold its shape during concreting. Using the Extension Ring will prevent misalignment of the Deck Ring and the skimmer body.
- Eliminate problems caused by concrete intruding into the skimmer box cavity
- Ensure there are no obstructions to removing and replacing vacumm plates
- Extension rings can be piggybacked to provide extensions in multiples of 2" or 2.36"