The catenary-style FUNbrella Shark top offers a clean, tight, contemporary appearance using the same framework as the Classic FUNbrella. Once you have the standard framing, give spaces a complete makeover season to season by switching tops. You can go with FUNbrella Shark now - and change to FUNbrella Classic next season!
Like the FUNbrella Classic, the FUNbrella Shark frame has a 4" diameter aluminum center pole and standard one-piece ground sleeve with winch and cables enclosed. Bows and braces are white powder steel tubing.
Anchor Woven Acrylic has been specifically developed to maintain strength and durability throughout the years withstanding harsh and extreme outdoor conditions. A super tight weave creates a canvas like texture and appearance to repel water, which is why it has become the #1 fabric choice for FUNbrella buyers. Woven Acrylic is the premier outdoor fabric for tension structures, including the top-selling FUNbrella. Anchor Woven Acrylic offers maximum sun protection to help prevent skin cancer**, provide an oasis from the sun, and do so with maintenance-free, long life performance.
- Water repellant, fade resistant, mold and mildew resistant, and easy to clean
- Two-ply ring spun yarn and staple cut fiber
Anchor UV Mesh Shadecloth has been specifically developed to produce a very strong and stable fabric for outdoor tension structures, including the topselling FUNbrrella and PERFECTSHADE post and fabric products. Anchor UV Mesh Shadecloth offers the ultimate combination of maximum sun protection plus incredible strength and durability to help prevent skin cancer**, provide an oasis from the sun, and do so with maintenance-free, long-life performance.
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE), UV stabilized yarn
- Monofilament and tape in a lock-stitch knitted pattern
FUNbrella Shark Features & Benefits:
- Available in 12' and 20' models
- Permanent umbrella shade structure
- On average, FUNbrella tops last 5 years longer than smaller, commercial grade shade umbrellas
- A single 20' FUNbrella replaces 7 smaller commercial grade umbrellas
- Manufactured using stainless steel hardware
- High wind rating
- Rugged and durable construction
- Removable frame with optional flush mount ground sleeve
- Ease of raising and lowering
- Blocks up to 95% of the sun's harmful UV rays!
* Based on 7.5' commercial umbrellas
** The Skin Cancer Foundation recommends Woven Acrylic Fabrics as an aid in the prevention of sun-induced damage to the skin.
Tested for Safety
When closed and secured, the FUNbrella Shark is tested to meet ASCE 7-02 requirements for 90 mph 3 second wind gust velocity.
Available in UV Mesh Shadecloth and Woven Acrylic Fabrics:
Perfect Shade Structures For:
- Amusement Parks
- Daycare Facilities
- Golf Course
- Hotels and Resorts
- Zoos & Botanical Gardens
Brand: Anchor Industries