Glass Pool Tile
Glass pool tiles come in many sizes, but the most common for pools are 1x1, 2x2, 1x2, or mosaics. These unique sizes can be used for fields of tiles, step markers, or even all-tile pools. There are many ways to use glass tiles to create a designer look to any pool or spa. Using them on the waterline creates a contemporary element to any environment.
In addition to pool glass tile in smaller dimensions, we also offer 6x6 pool tile
and tile pool depth markers
for swimmer safety. See below for more specific information about choosing the right pool glass tile for your new swimming pool.
Not all glass tile is suitable for pool applications.
Refer to Glass Tile Manufacturer’s Documentation. Recommended Applications ~ Test Results ~ Installation Instructions.
Glass tile installed in pools should be:
- Impervious - <.5 % water absorption
- Freeze thaw resistant
- Chemically resistant
- High breaking strength - >350 lbf
- Face mounted
- Mesh mounted
- Film Face mounted
Recommended by glass tile manufacturer and material manufacturer for use in submerged applications.
- Cementitious Waterproofing - tank waterproofing
- Mortar Bed 4:1 Sand to Cement - no lime (bag mix ok if proper ratio)
- Elastomeric Membrane - optional mortar bed waterproofing
- Modified Thin-set or Epoxy Setting Material
- Cementitious or Epoxy Grout
- Flexible Sealant