Hayward's Aqua Solar
Hayward® solar controllers work to heat or cool your pool and spa using nature’s freely available energy. You can enjoy significant savings and a better pool and spa experience, while being environmentally responsible.
Conserving energy, reducing pollution and "going green" are in everyone's best interest. With Goldline Controls' Solar Combos, you'll be doing your part because solar controls are as environmentally responsible as they are high-performance and user-friendly.
The Solar Combos are bundled systems consisting of a controller, an actuator, a diverter valve and two temperature sensors. They maximize solar heat collection by monitoring the temperature of both your solar collectors and your pool. When your pool needs heating – and your solar collectors are in energy-receiving mode – the controller automatically diverts the water flowing between your pool's filter and gas heater and routes it through your solar collectors. There, the water is heated to a pre-set temperature, or until no more solar energy is available, at which time the gas or electric heater kicks in, using only as much fuel as necessary to make up the difference.
Introducing Aqua Solar Controls
Hayward offers a complete selection of solar controllers that help you maintain the perfect water temperature, without using your heater. All Aqua Solar controllers automatically divert the water flowing between your pool’s fi lter and heater and route it through solar thermal collectors. There, the water is heated to a set temperature and circulated back into the pool or spa. Pool owners can even maintain their pool and spa at different temperatures.
Aqua Solar can also cool a pool and spa. If water is higher than the set temperature, and the temperature in the solar collectors is at least 8° cooler than the pool water, Aqua Solar automatically circulates cooler water into the pool or spa. An Aqua Solar System can pay for itself in as little as three years.
- Hayward’s cutting edge control system with advanced features
- Dual digital display of pool water and solar collector temperatures
- Full system diagnostic LEDs
- Customizable features:
- High temperature limit (70°F to 140°F)
Programmable freeze protection and water cooling
Simple, single temperature control dial
All Aqua Solar controls offer:
- Automation that maximizes solar heat collection
- Single-setting, precision temperature adjustment
- Automatic switching (selectable) from solar pool heating to cooling
- Easy-to-read LED indicators showing system status
- Freeze protection option if temperature nears 32°F
- Microprocessor-based electronics for accuracy and reliability
- Locking, weatherproof enclosure
- Installer-programmable features for system adaptability
- NSF, UL and CUL approved
- Exclusive 5-year limited warranty