Effective October 1, 2013
, Pentair Aquatic Systems’ Limited Warranty on its core products of pumps, filters, heaters/heat pumps, automation, lights, sanitizers, water features, and maintenance products will decrease to 60 days UNLESS PROFESSIONALLY INSTALLED by a QUALIFIED INSTALLER on residential installations.
Bundled equipment purchases from 3 or more different product groups (inground pump, filter, heater, heat pump, control system, automatic cleaner, lighting, or salt chlorinator) purchased on the same invoice and professionally installed at the same time, will receive extended coverage of 3-years under our limited warranty terms. You’ll note that pool cleaners, maintenance equipment, and aboveground systems are categories where the warranty period is not predicated by professional installation because of the ease of self-installation by the pool owner.
Pool owners will be required to submit an original sales receipt along with a qualified installer’s invoice indicating the installation date as proof of professional installation in order to register their products and obtain the extended warranty terms.
Below are the warranty periods by product line if professionally installed only. If not professionally installed the warranty is 60 days from date of purchase.
- Filters & Valves: 1-year professionally installed
- Pumps: 1-year professionally installed
- IntelliFlo & IntelliPro variable speed pumps 3-year warranty when professionally installed
- Heaters: 2-years parts & labor professionally installed
- Minimax 75/100 & all Commercial Applications 1-year professionally installed
- Heat Pumps Residential: 2-year parts & labor professionally installed
- Compressor parts & labor 10-years. Titanium Exchanger Lifetime when professionally installed.
- Heat Pumps Commercial: 1-Year parts & labor professionally installed
- UltraTemp commercial heat pumps 2-year warranty when professionally installed
- Lights: 1-year professionally installed
- Intellibrite 5G White LED lights 2-year professionally installed
- Bulbs 60 day warranty even if professionally installed
- Automation Equipment: 1-year professionally installed
- SunTouch Solar 3-years professionally installed
- ACU-TROL Commercial Controllers: 5-years professionally installed
- ACU-TROL Electronic Modules: 5-years professionally installed
- ACU-TROL AK Color & Accessories: 1-year professionally installed
- ACU-TROL Equipment Repairs 60 days (for non-warranty repairs)
- ACU-TROL Commercial pH or ORP Probes: 2-years professionally installed
- IntelliChlor Salt Chlorine Generators: 2-year professionally installed
- IntelliChlor Salt Cell purchase only 2-year (ok to self install)
- White Goods & Water Features: 1-year professionally installed
- Chlorine & Bromine Feeders: 1-year professionally installed
- Maintenance Equipment/Replacement Parts: 60 days
- Automatic Pool Cleaners: All models except those below 1-year no professional installation required
- Prowler, Kreepy Krauly, Kreepy Kruiser, Great White, & Sandshark 2-years no professional installation required
- Parts: Suction Seal, Foot Pad, Wings, Bumper Strap, Seal Flaps 1- year no professional installation required
- Parts: Brushes, Climbing Rings, Cartridge Filters 60 days
- Above Ground Systems: 1-year no professional installation required