UV-C Safely & Effectively Disinfects Pool Water
The UV-C 50 utilizes Germicidal UV light to safely disinfect pools up to 50,000 gallons. With the use of safe, natural UV-C lamps, microorganisms are destroyed, chloramines are broken down, and chlorine dependence is greatly reduced. UV-C 50 lamps are tuned to 254 nanometers, which provides optimal disinfection. This UV-C unit may also be combined with an ozone generator for dual disinfection.
- Germicidal UV-C Technology
- Cover mounted LED indicator light
- Integrated fault protection
- Built-In ball valve
- Electronic ballast
- Heat shield
- 100 GPM Max Flow Rate
- 120/240 VAC
- UL classified
- Dimensions 11.5" diameter x 33.8" height
Convenient Self-Contained System
The 100 GPM high flow housing can treat pools up to 50,000 gallons. One UV-C unit is large enough for most residential pools, and does not require a "de-gas" unit or injector manifolds.
Ventilated Glow Ring
The integrated glow ring allows for safe, visual confirmation that the UV lamps are working. The built-in ventilation allows air in and keeps moisture out, protecting the ballast.
The energy efficient electronic ballast can operate at 120 or 240 Volts. Integrated fault protection prevents start-up if a lamp problem is detected.
- Cover-mounted green LED light indicates unit has power and is turned on
- Integrated cover interlock cuts power when the cover is removed
- Built-in valve for easy draining or winterization, with an endcap internally designed to ensure complete drainage
- Pre-heat ballast design extends the lamp life
- Heat shield protects the cover from ballast heat, secures lamp connections and protects from moisture
- Compatible for combination with DEL ozone units for Advanced Oxidation Process (AOP)
The Advantages of UV-C
With the use of UV-C microorganisms are destroyed, chloramines are broken down, chlorine dependence is significantly reduced, and water clarity is optimized to produce crystal clear results.
- Destroys harmful contaminants
- Inactivates Cryptospordium parvum, Giardia, and Other Chlorine Resistant Microorganisms
- Utilizes natural UV light
- Dramatically reduces chemical demand and increases effectiveness of residual sanitizers
- Eliminates chemical odors, irritations, and will not damage pool systems
The Science of UV-C
The UV-C 50 lamp emits safe, high intensity light rays tuned to germicidal 254 nanometers. Using natural rays of light, UV-C breaks apart the DNA and RNA of microorganisms, harmful bacteria, viruses, cysts and protozoa. This inactivates the contaminants to leave water safe and sanitized. UV-C does not create ozone. The highly concentrated electromagnetic energy also destroys organic matter - like urine and sweat - to eliminate the formation of harmful chlorine by-products.
||DEL UV-C 50
||100-240 VAC, 50-60Hz, 0.6 Amp
||11.5" Diameter x 33.8" Height
||Two 540mm, 50 watt UV-C Lamp
||UL Classified - US & Canada