Pool Opening & Closing Chemicals
As the seasons change, ensuring your pool is ready for use or adequately winterized is vital. At Pool Supply Unlimited, our top-quality pool opening and closing chemicals have been designed to provide optimal results and ease the process of preparing your pool for use or tucking it away for winter. Browse our entire selection of must-have chemicals needed to open your pool today!
Unveiling a New Season: How to Open a Pool
Opening a pool as the weather gets warmer should be a joyful experience, not a stressful chore. Whether your pool has been properly winterized and is in good shape, or you're dealing with algae and sludge, we have the right pool opening chemicals to get your pool sparkling and ready for the season.
Our comprehensive pool opening kits are designed to take the guesswork out of opening your pool. They contain everything you need, including pool algaecides
, pool shocks
, and pH-balancing chemicals
, eliminating the need to pick and choose individual products.
Here's a simplified guide on how to open a pool:
- Remove and clean the pool cover, allowing it to dry before storing it for the season.
- If your pool water is dirty, start by adding a pool shock to eliminate any microorganisms. Follow this up with a pool algaecide and then chlorine.
- After vacuuming any remaining debris from the bottom of the pool, balance the pH using a pool testing kit. You may need to add more alkaline or acid to reach the ideal pH balance of approximately 7.2.
Winterizing Your Pool:
How to Close a Pool
Closing your pool at the end of the season sets the foundation for an easier opening next year. Our range of chemicals to close your pool, including long-lasting algaecides, phosphate removers, scale preventers, and non-chlorine oxidizers, are designed to ensure a smooth closing process.
We also provide comprehensive pool closing kits to make the process as straightforward as possible. These kits contain everything you need for the successful maintenance of swimming pools during winter.
Here's a basic guide on how to close a pool:
Whether you're opening your pool for the season or closing it for the winter, Pool Supply Unlimited is here to ensure the process is easy and effective. Browse and shop today to find the right pool opening chemicals, pool closing chemicals, and in-season pool supplies for clean, clear, swimmer-friendly water. Happy swimming!
- Begin by cleaning the pool and removing all equipment (e.g., vacuums, ladders, steps).
- Balance the water to ensure it's at the proper pH level. This will help in preventing algae growth and pest invasion.
- Shock the pool with chlorine, waiting until your levels are optimal before adding any other chemicals.
- Consider adding a winter algaecide and a slow-release ball to prevent algae growth and stain formation during the winter.
- Finally, cover the pool with your winter cover. A thick and heavy cover, secured with pins or other devices, is best to keep your pool clean all winter.