Solar Touch : The smart, easy, efficient way to go solar
The reliability of full digital control at your fingertips
Solar pool heating is a smart investment. Make the most of it with the smartest, most efficient solar controller you can buy: SolarTouch™ automation from Pentair Water Pool and Spa®.
Only the SolarTouch solar system gives you the precision and reliability of full digital control. Just set the digital thermostat and SolarTouch will monitor the temperature of the pool water and solar collectors. Whenever the sun offers sufficient energy for effective heating, the SolarTouch controller opens a motorized valve and sends filtered water to your collectors. If temperatures drop, the system shuts the valve to keep cold water out of your pool. SolarTouch technology brings you these advantages:
- Exclusive digital temperature control assures the most precise, efficient heating possible. Temperature control can be set in one degree increments.
- Exclusive solar valve lets collectors drain when not in use, preventing stagnant water or unsafe heating conditions. Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) seal and rugged motorized actuator deliver years of maintenance-free operation.
- Exclusive LED indicator lights confirm that SolarTouch automation is working. Service indicator LED indicates when attention is needed.
Additional features include:
- Pool-cleaner pump protection—prevents damage to your pool cleaner pump that can result from air in the solar collectors at start-up.
- Control of a solar booster pump (not included)—for systems that require extra flow. Activated only when solar energy is available.
Pump up the savings even more with variable speed technology
If you like the energy and money savings of a solar collector, you’ll be amazed at the IntelliFlo® and IntelliPro® Variable Speed pumps. These pumps have saved more money for pool owners than all other variable speed pumps combined. Now, today’s IntelliFlo and IntelliPro Variable Speed pumps offer you all these cost-saving advantages:
- Estimated savings of up to $1,500 each year on your pool energy costs-up to 90% versus traditional pumps
- Ultra-efficient permanent magnet motors, as used in advanced hybrid cars
- Precise matching of motor speed to your pool’s needs
- 8 programmable speed settings and built-in timer for maximum efficiency and savings.
IntelliFlo and IntelliPro advancements don't stop there
- With the ability to run at lower speeds, you achieve near-silent pump operation - about 4 times quieter than most traditional-style pumps.
- Exclusive software and digital controls for easier programming
- Superior pool filtration for cleaner water, thanks to longer run times at optimized pump speeds.
- Totally enclosed fan-cooled (TEFC) motor design for long life and quiet operation.
- Integrated keypad—no need to purchase separately at an added cost.
- Built-in diagnostics safeguard the pump for longer service life.
Make the most of SolarTouch automation
An IntelliFlo or IntelliPro Variable Speed pump lets you access all the energy-saving power that SolarTouch automation has to offer. You can:
- Maximize solar efficiency by selecting the exact manufacturer recommended flow rates to your solar collectors.
- Control the flow to and from the collector.