Eco-Friendly Energy that Saves you Money!
How do Solar Sun Rings work?
Solar Sun Rings are made from two sheets of heavyweight UV resistant vinyl. The top-side clear layer directs the suns rays onto the bottom blue layer, which absorbs about 50% of the sunlight and converts this energy into heat. The balance of the sunlight passes through the sun rings for deep water heating.
At night the Solar Sun Rings act as an insulating blanket to retain heat gained during daylight. Solar Sun Rings are equipped with six magnets to improve clarity and decrease hardness of the water in your pool. The magnets are positioned to facilitate rafting. The strength of the magnets will permit single position removal but will easily separate to prevent entrapment if an accidental fall into the pool occurs.
- Solar Sun Rings were designed to be compatible with automatic pool cleaners. In the event the suction hose catches on a ring, the ring will separate from the raft to allow the pool cleaner to continue.
- Neither water nor pool chemicals can evaporate through the Solar Sun Rings two layers of heavy weight vinyl. You will save water and chemicals about equal to the percentage of the surface of your pool covered.
- Once the water in your pool has reached adequate temperature, Solar Sun Rings may be turned over to conserve water by limiting evaporation without significantly heating the water.
Your pool requires some direct sunlight and open water to stay healthy. The open water around the raft of Solar Sun Rings and the triangles caused by the convergence of three Solar Sun Rings is by design. These open areas allow your pool to receive some direct sunlight. This sunlight will greatly reduce the incidence of mustard algae.
Why Choose Solar Sun Rings?
- Solar Sun Rings TM were designed with safety in mind, they are made to separate in case of an accidental fall in and are made out of 100% infant safe vinyl.
- When compared according to output per square inch, no other passive solar heating type of device or cover matches the output of Solar Sun Rings.
Easy to Use
- Solar Sun Rings TM can be easily placed and removed by one person within a few minutes. Once placed, they will connect together by corrosion-proof magnets.
- The proven performance and low cost of Solar Sun Rings TM combines for economical pool heating requiring little or no extra maintenance or upkeep costs.
- Solar Sun Rings can heat your pool while not emitting any greenhouse gases. They also leave no waste by products and are 1oo% recyclable.
Smart Sustainable Energy
- While utilizing the entire spectrum of sunlight as the source of heat, Solar Sun Rings TM are the most energy efficient pool heating device available in the market.
Solar Sun Rings are a passive solar swimming pool heating device. Made from 2 sheets of heavyweight
U.V. resistant vinyl, the upper clear layer directs the suns rays onto the bottom blue layer that absorbs about 50% of the sunlight and converts it to heat. The balance of the sunlight passes through for deep water heating.
Solar Sun Rings are inflatable, 60" in diameter and should cover about 70% to 80% of your pools surface. This allows the open areas of your pool to receive direct sunlight, greatly reducing the occurrence of mustard algae. Each unit contains 6 magnets that are used to attach the rings together. The latest version, which is what we offer, includes water anchors to keep the sun rings from being blown off the water's surface by the wind. The water anchor is an additional segmented overlapping channel, which fills with water. It is also self-emptying when manually removed from the pool. However, in strong winds the horizontal lifting closes the overlapping segments retaining the water for weight and stability.
Solar Sun Rings are easy to remove and can be stacked when not in use. However, do not store in direct sunlight as this will ruin the sun rings. When your pool water has reached the desired temperature simply turn the Solar Sun Rings over to conserve water by limiting evaporation without significantly heating the water.
Note: Do not over inflate. Do not use as a floatation device. Solar Sun Rings come with a three-year limited manufacturer's warranty.
19ft x 12ft = 5 Rings
23ft x 12ft = 7 Rings
24ft x 12ft = 7 Rings
30ft x 15ft = 13 Rings
33ft x 18ft = 16 Rings
20ft x 10ft = 6 Rings
24ft x 12ft = 8 Rings
28ft x 14ft = 14 Rings
30ft x 15ft = 15 Rings
32ft x 16ft = 16 Rings
36ft x 18ft = 19 Rings
40ft x 20ft = 26 Rings
12ft = 3 Rings
15ft = 5 Rings
18ft = 7 Rings
21ft = 10 Rings