Designed and Built for High Performance and Reliability
Manufactured from the highest grade of non corrosive materials and employing the latest in fiberglass winding technology, Micron fiberglass filters are designed and built for many years of trouble free operation.
- Inflow diffuser for even distribution of water flow across the filter bed
- Elliptical positive sealing manways
- Pressure gauge
- Six position Multiport valve with sight glass and quick connect half unions (sold separately)
- UV and corrosion resistant fiberglass wound tank
- Hydraulically balanced laterals to maximize water flow and filtration
- Optional manual drain
- Large filter base for stable floor mounting
- Optional sight glasses and lateral man holes
- Optional fiberglass reinforced vinyl ester for improved chemical resistance
Filament Wound Filters
Micron fiberglass filters embody the latest in fiberglass winding technology. Micron fiberglass vessels consist of an inner shell of fiberglass reinforced polyester resin wound over with fiberglass filament. Waterco's digitally controlled filament winding machine faultlessly winds continuous strands of high quality fiberglass filament under controlled tension filament to create a seamless one-piece vessel with refined consistency and superior quality. There are no welds or seams or special tank linings which can corrode or electrolyse.
The Filament Wound filter operates on the basics of "Depth Filtration" dirt is sifted through the filter bed and trapped in minute spaces between the particles of filter media allowing the clean water to pass through the filter's laterals and exit via the filter's Multi-port valve.
Micron "Fish Bone" Laterals
Conventional laterals are not suitable for larger sized commercial filters. "Dead legs" exist between the laterals and water flow is not optimized though the filter bed. Waterco's "Fish Bone" lateral configuration eliminates any "dead legs" by improving water flow distribution through the filter bed.
- Filament Wound filters are equipped with "Fish Tail" laterals, to improve its filtration and backwashing hydraulic efficiency
- Fish Tail laterals provide effective coverage of the filter bed and balanced water flow, during backwashing
- Filament Wound filters backwash time is significantly reduced, leading to a 30% savings of backwash water
Cleaning the filter simply requires turning the filter's Multi-port lever from the filter's position to the "backwash" position which reverses the flow of water in the filter, flushing the filter bed.
- Filtration area 9 to 107 Sq Ft
- Pressure rated up to 1,000 kPa (150 psi)
- 1-1/2", 2", and 3" Water drain with screen
- Up to 4" Media drain
- Maximum working temperature of 50°CC (122°F)
- SCH. 40 / 80 / equivalent PVC fittings, Polypropylene laterals
- Option of inlet/outlet port connection: quick union up to 4" or flanged port up to 10"